The renewable energy industry, estimated to be worth more than $300 billion (US) annually, is becoming a magnet as governments tighten carbon-emissions regulations and as the fossil fuel industry is in the fourth year of a downturn that has caused a major shakeout of investors in both private and public markets. There are, however, significant opportunities for investors — all because of the difference between today’s clean tech world and the one that existed 10 years ago.
This session will address:
• How clean energy now has the ability to generate real returns
• How can investors identify the technologies to get an advantage?
• Where are today’s biggest breakthroughs in technology?
• Taking advantage of the investment opportunities
• How do these breakthroughs mesh with pension plan and private equity funds?
Charles Quintal, President, Retirement Committee, Assembly of Quebec Catholic Bishops Pension Plan
Tom Rand, Co-Founder & Managing Partner, Arctern Ventures
Alan Cherkas, Senior Originator, Direct Energy Business
Bram Walters, Partner & Co-Founder, Euclid Capital Management Inc.