CAiP and its parent company ALM, Inc. (together “Event Staff”) are committed to fostering a virtual environment of respect and civility that is free from physical and verbal harassment and bullying regardless of age, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, or other personal characteristic. All attendees, speakers, sponsors, partners, vendors, and staff (together “participants”) are therefore expected to adhere to the following Virtual Event Code of Conduct while using and engaging with others in any part of the CAiP virtual platform.
- Any participant must be a registered attendee.
- All participants must refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech and other inappropriate behavior. Inappropriate behavior includes:
- Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory or demeaning speech or actions.
- Harmful or prejudicial verbal or written comments or visual images related to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability, physical appearance, veteran or marital status, or any other personal characteristics, including those protected by law.
- Inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images.
- Real or implied threat of professional or financial damage or harm.
- Inappropriate disruption of the virtual event (e.g. “zoom-bombing”) or engaging in harm or threats of harm of any kind.
- Only Event Staff is permitted to make audio or visual recordings of any aspect of CAiP. No participant may make audio or visual recordings of any CAiP sessions in their entirety.
If a participant experiences, sees, or overhears a violation of the Code of Conduct during CAiP, please report it by emailing Event Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once a report is received, Event Staff will immediately and temporarily suspend the relevant participant’s or participants’ access to the CAiP virtual platform and conduct an investigation. If Event Staff determines to the best of their ability and in their sole discretion, that a participant has violated the Code of Conduct, they may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender, permanent expulsion from the virtual event platform with no refund, and/or restriction from attending future virtual events or in-person events produced by ALM, Inc.