Pension Fund Power Panel: Current State of Private Equity in Canada
Date & Time
Thursday, March 25, 2021, 12:55 PM - 1:40 PM
Moderator: Vishnu Mohanan - Director – Private Markets, HRM Pension Plan
- How are Canadian investors accessing private equity in today’s market – primary funds, co-investments, co-sponsorships, direct investments etc.?
- Are particular transaction types – corporate carve-outs, take-privates, secondary buyouts more attractive than others?
- Evolution of the secondary market and Canadian activity in LP-led and GP-led secondaries
- Level of confidence among Canadian LPs that PE can outperform public equities over the long run. Does the high fees in PE have an effect on that conviction?
- Overview on PE sponsors jumping on the SPAC bandwagon