Jim Pittman - BCI
Erol Uzumeri - Searchlight Capital Partners
Sandra Bosela - OPTrust
Moderator: Vishnu Mohanan - Director – Private Markets, HRM Pension Plan
Sandra Bosela - Co-Head Private Markets Group, Managing Director and Global Head of Private Equity, OPTrust
Jim Pittman – Executive Vice President & Global Head, Private Equity, BCI
Erol Uzumeri – Founding Partner, Searchlight Capital Partners
- How are Canadian investors accessing private equity in today’s market – primary funds, co-investments, co-sponsorships, direct investments etc.?
- Are particular transaction types – corporate carve-outs, take-privates, secondary buyouts more attractive than others?
- Evolution of the secondary market and Canadian activity in LP-led and GP-led secondaries
- Level of confidence among Canadian LPs that PE can outperform public equities over the long run. Does the high fees in PE have an effect on that conviction?
- Overview on PE sponsors jumping on the SPAC bandwagon