Breakout Session - LP Spotlight: How to Construct a Private Equity Portfolio in a Costly Investment Environment
Date & Time
Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 3:15 PM - 4:15 PM
LPs struggle with different concerns than GPs — and one of those is constructing a private equity portfolio in a costly investment environment. Hear the concerns of leading LPs — and how they are constructing their portfolios successfully, including:
• Is it still critical that private equity be part of a major institution’s portfolio? Why or why not?
• What principles guide the thinking of major limited partners?
• When is it sensible to co-invest with a GP and when to go it alone?
• As an LP, how do you respond to other LPs demanding special treatment?
• Recent trends have demonstrated that increasingly longer investments are needed to maximize value. What is the ideal way to address this new time paradigm for deals?
• Do evergreen funds make sense?
• In terms of performance, what is behind the apparent slowdown in private equity relative to public equity?
Brenda Hogan, Senior Investment Manager, Ontario Capital Growth Corporation